COMEDK UGET – 2016 DATE ANNOUNCEMENT AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Karnataka Private Medical Colleges Association (K.P.M.C.A), Karnataka Dental Colleges Association (K.P.D.C.A) & Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association have in their endeavor to offer a “Single Window” approach to students seeking admissions. They have embarked on an endeavor to develop an effective, credible and alternative seat selection process for admissions & have decided to form a “Consortium of Private Medical, Dental & Engineering Colleges” named as ‘COMED-K‘.
COMEDK UGET – 2016 Entrance Examination will be conducted on Sunday the 8th May 2016 for admission to UG Medical, Dental and Engineering Courses in COMEDK member institutions. The test is Computer Based on All India basis and will be held across the Country to facilitate the students to take their exam closer to their homes and to minimize the cost of travel and other logistics.
COMEDK UGET 2016 Date Announced and Eligibility Criteria
- The said test will be held keeping in view the triple test criteria of being fair, transparent and non-exploitative and to ensure merit based admissions through a single common entrance test followed by centralized counselling as envisaged by the
Hon’ble Supreme Court in TMA Pai Foundation Vs. the State (2002) 8 SCC 481, Islamic Academy of Education Vs. the State reported in (2003) 6 SCC 697 and PA Inamdar Vs. the State of Maharashtra reported in (2005) 6 SCC 537.
- A detailed calendar of events and the information Brochure in this behalf would be hosted on the website (www.comedk.org) in due course. The candidates are required to check the website for all the updates.
- Eligibility criteria for COMEDK UG Medical and Dental are as follows:
KPCF and KUPECA have entrusted COMEDK with the responsibility of conducting the entrance examination and seat selection process. The following shall be the eligibility criteria for UG Medical and Dental courses.
- The candidates should have qualified in second PUC or 10+2 or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government, the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates must have passed these subjects (PCB) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in PCB (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State).
- The candidates who are appearing for the prescribed qualifying examination and expecting the percentage of marks as at (b) are also eligible to apply.
The General Merit candidates must also secure not less than 50% marks (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) in aggregate in PCB subjects in the COMEDK UG entrance test 2016.
English is one of the subjects, as in the previous years, to be tested along with Physics, Chemistry and Biology during COMEDK UGET – 2016. The General Merit candidates should secure not less than 50% marks in English (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka). However, the marks so secured in English will not be added for the determination of rank which shall be decided exclusively based on the minimum required marks secured by the candidates in PCB subjects. Further, a candidate is not entitled for a rank if he/she fails to secure 50% or 40% of the marks as the case may be in English. The paper on English language will be normally of second PUC or
10+2 standard and will test the candidate’s comprehension of the language, the structure of words, phrases, clauses and sentences.
- The candidate shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December (31-12-2016) of the year of admission to the MBBS / BDS course.
- The following candidates are unacceptable and hence need not apply:
Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination i.e. second PUC or 10+2 or equivalent prior to 2014.
- Candidates having qualified earlier and selected an MBBS seat through COMEDK but failed to join the college so selected or failed to surrender the said seat at the COMEDK level for valid reasons or having joined the college so selected failed to pursue the course.
- Candidates already pursuing Medical UG course anywhere in India.
- Candidates who were caught attempting to impersonate or found following / adopting any of the malpractices earlier including entertaining the touts and agents.
Eligibility criteria for Engineering and Architecture are as follows:
The following shall be the eligibility criteria for Engineering and Architecture courses.
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. / B. Arch is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained atleast 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students.
- (i) There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course.
(ii) Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application.
Note: Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by MCI, DCI, AICTE, COA or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted.
COMEDK UGET 2016-Date and Eligibility Criteria Click here